"One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things"

Me and the girls in Yeriho

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Recappp

Would it be wrong to use a larger font to make it appear as though I wrote more than I actually did? :) 'll just give a recap on the past few days:

  • Friday 3.5.2010
  1. Church! Lots of fun worshiping as usual
  2. Shabbat dinner with Christine and Kat. This week was a bit of a bummer because I was surrounded by women who spoke only Hebrew. Regardless, I had a wonderful time, but a different experience than in my previous visits. I was able to personally thank the Rabi's wife for having me as I helped her pass chairs over the heads of her guests!
  3. Sleep. Ohhh how I have come to love bedtime. For some reason, I stay up really late these days. I think it most likely is because I have a lot of time on my hands at the end of the night and love catching up with everyone from home via Skype and Facebook. The time difference makes it challenging for me to be online at a time that is convenient for communicating with the loved ones.

  • Saturday 3.6.2010
  1. Slept in! YAY!
  2. Walked around the Old City with Tristan, Cheryl, and Kat. We tried this delicious drink called 'almond milk'. It was one of the best drinks I have ever tasted easily. For not having artificial sweeteners, it was amazingly good. I hope it is available in the US.
  3. Kats grandparents flew into Israel the night before, so we met up with them for pizza in the Armenian Quarter of the Old City. I've got to tell you, I never go hungry here (ever). Israelis know how to do food. I have never once eaten anything here that was short of incredible. Something about the food here makes me perpetually hungry. Olives, hummus, pita, pizza, ice cream, falafel, shawarma, smoothies, soup, French fries, burgers, chocolate, honey... Am I making you hungry? Being in an the center of an internationally diverse city only makes my predicament worse, because all of the deliciousness is at my fingertips 24/7.
  4. Went back home, took a nap, did some reading: C.S. Lewis, "The Screwtape Letters." Good book!
  5. Went back out AGAIN and had MORE awesome food. One of our collective favorites is definately Burger Bar, so we decided to go there for dinner. I had fried eggplant, which of course, was really tasty. Tristan shared his fries with me also (yummm!).
  • Sunday 3.7.2010
  1. Church! We had a lot of people at the service today. One family from New Zealand was there and I got to talking with them. They're had just gotten here the previous night at 2AM! They're going to be living here for the next year and home school. They had a son around my age and 12 and 14 year girls. Very, very nice family. Cay and I showed them to a grocery store and to the party street of Ben Yahuda. They're coming to Jericho with us on Tuesday and I'm excited to get to hang out with them again.
  2. Walked to buy pants for Karen, the amazing kind of Aladdin pants I spoke of in a previous post. We found 2 pairs I believe...
  3. I walked from buying the pants ALL the way home to realize that I had to walk BACK to the SAME exact place to go to the King of Kings church service. Oh well, at least I was able to get a falafel for dinner on the way :)

1 comment:

The Plumline said...

Bought almond milk today...did not have any yet...debating. You see, I am on a Daniel Fast...is that legal?
Love,
Sugar Mama