"One's destination is never a place, but a new way of seeing things"

Me and the girls in Yeriho

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Day (Happy Birthday Kat [19] and Samah[13])

Hey Everyone!

I had a really awesome day - another opportunity to go to Yeriho! Thats where my newest picture was taken. The girls there are so amazingly sweet and kind, and are always asking to use my camera. Today I had it with me and said sure, why not?! We had so much fun goofing around and I really loved being able to show them different settings and how to use the zoom. Each one had the chance to take several pictures and we had such a great time posing and making crazy faces for the camera! These few moments were some of the best I've experienced so far. Those elated, beaming, bubbly faces made my whole journey worth it. Today was also Samah's birthday, who is the girl who took the picture now on my blog. She turned 13 and I explained that in America, she is now considered a "teenager"!!! I was just smiling and laughing with girls... They all speak relatively good English and we have been able to hold basic conversations. Their English is tremendously better than my Arabic, because I can't get farther than "hello" and "thank you," unfortunately. Despite the language barrier, laughter transcends any communication difficulties. I was so happy to be there at that moment; able to love on them and give them attention and just show interest in what they had to say. I'll get to see them every Tuesday until I leave. I'm looking forward to building somewhat of a relationship with them.

This is what I came for. I am so happy.

3 comments:

The Plumline said...

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

this is so awesome my dear Jess! I love the picture of you, you are so beautiful. The girls would have had SO much fun goofing around with you - sometimes those kind of things are the most precious. Yes we are there to spread the word of the Lord, but we are also there to show his beaming, bright and shiny love. And that is just what you did today. God bless you luv.
Love hearing about your experiences!!

The Plumline said...

You are slacking on your blog, girl!
We expect to see some news very soon!!
Love ya,
Sugar Mama